Thursday 24 March 2011

To Ballerine or not to Ballerine; that is the question.

To Ballerine, no doubt about it.
If you've been living under a rock for the past few months like me, you will find that Ballet is taking over the world. No, i don't mean there are people breaking into Ballet Dancing in the middle of the street; as much as id like to see that. I am talking about Ballet's latest influence on fashion. It's major people! Take a look at this.




































So there you have it. Isn't it beautiful. The delicate, refined, flowing tutu's, the pinky, peachy, neutral shades. The Marc Jacobs flats that might kill me if i don't get them, the chunky legwarmers and oversized coats. Ballet inspired shoes and dresses with fitted bodice and a flowing skirt. The overall elegance of the look is simply mesmerising. It's Ballet Chic ladies and Gents! So i suggest you go out, get yourself a tutu or some tuelle, go buy anything you can find in peach/ pink/grey/light browns, buy a heap of ballet flats, purchase yourself some funky chunky knits and invest in some legwarmers. Sounds like a lot, but think how amazingly fashionable you will look afterwards!

But with me, the cost trumps whatever i will get from the beautiful clothes.
I'm a confessed shopaholic, i have to try and bank my money before i spend it, and if that fails i have to hide my wallet in an inconspicuous place so i have no chance of finding it if a spending spree oppurtunity arises.

I'm a potential threat to myself.
It doesn't mean i can't still look at clothes, and write about them, and dream about them, and maybe sometimes perhaps on the occasional point in random time i could buy something.

Just one, fluffy, elegant, gorgeous Tutu mum.
I would wear it all the time.

Do you want me to suffer just by lacking one key garment for winter.
Could you be so cruel?

Gah! There is no use. She knows my filthy ways.
Anyway, i hope you guys have a great, rainy Thursday night.
I know i am.

Over and Out,

Marcella

No comments:

Post a Comment